Tis Gar Plen? (Greek:So What?)


Perspective is an interesting thing.  The thing about perspective is that you and I will never view things in the same way because perspective is determined by what we see.  Just as I have never walked in your shoes, you have never walked in mine which means that when an event arises in life, you are not properly equipped to make choices or decisions for me as you have not been where I have been.  The same would serve true looked at the other way.  We can share our thoughts with one another but in the end, that is all it amounts to, our thoughts. 

We all have “whats” that happen in our life where we are left wondering the "whys" of it all.  The storm ripped the roof right off of my house, I have no money to pay for the damages and I just do not understand why.  We all experience those moments. We just wish we could understand the whys of it all.

Throughout the years, I‘ve learned that understanding the whys are not important as long as I trust God with "the what" of it all.  Realizing that whatever is taking place right now has a purpose. God always has a why behind the what and though I may not understand the why, I can trust God completely with my what and ask "now what?" What do you want me to learn from this?  When obstacles appear in my path I see them as divine opportunities, in which God will show Himself not just to me but to those around me as well.  When the setbacks come, I see them as setups for God to be glorified in my life.  God wants to use me to make a difference.  The (spiritual) prison in which I lived for many years has now become my pulpit.  The misery that I suffered is now being turned into my ministry. God has a plan.  No matter how horrible or evil the circumstances that surround us, whatever Satan intended for harm, God will use for His glory and it will be made right. It is all about perspective. It is a mind shift.

So when life throws a curve ball, instead of freaking out about it, you can say “SO what! (Tis Gar Plen!)”  (Philippians 1:12-18)  What does it matter? In the end, whatever crap we are dealt, we can be certain God has a purpose.  He has a plan.  He is in control.  In the end, everything is going to be ok!

Comments

Popular Posts