Curve Balls


Life is good.  I could not be happier.  August was definitely my month.  In a matter of a two-week span, I had three different job offers and a proposal.  I accepted a new job and said a big ol' yes to that proposal.  God has most definitely blessed me.  

It is amazing to see God work.  To feel His presence and experience His blessing.  I have been through a lot over the past couple of years but now I am experiencing the other side of that trial.  I am living out the abundance of His grace and the joy of living under His faithfulness.

A couple of weeks ago I received an email from someone I had not heard from in a very long time.  The email was rigid and cold, sad really.  I did not see it coming.  I was not prepared for the battle it would cause but as I realized the timing of it all, I became aware of what was happening.  It came right after my job offers and my proposal. A time when I was on top of  the mountain singing and praising God for His faithfulness.  It was a time when my faith was strong but then suddenly BAM, the enemy tried to knock me down.  He was trying hard to discourage me.  He was trying to keep me from experiencing the joy that had overtaken my life. His feeble attempts were almost successful until I spent some one on one time with the One who holds my life in His hands. What the enemy used to try to discourage in turn caused my faith to grow even more. 

It takes a lot to reach a place of assurance in God's love.  I could go on and on about how much I love Him but truth be told, it could never come close to the love He has for me.  I am saddened for those who lack the knowledge of His grace and who fail to understand the love He has for us. I am saddened for those who have unresolved issues in their life and instead of dealing with it head on, project the guilt of their own issues, whatever they may be, on to others in order to hide.  It is a life lived in chains.  I know because I was once there. It is a sad and lonely existence but it just does not have to be that way. 

Life is good.  I am blessed.  I have an awesome God, amazing kids, a fiancé who loves me with a love I have never known,  a church family like I've never experienced, a home that in my eyes is my perfect home and a job I adore.  I could not be any happier and I want that for everyone.  Life is not perfect by any means but because the Creator of this universe has lavished His love upon me, I am beyond content.   

Comments

Popular Posts