Wait patiently




What sorrow for those who say
    that evil is good and good is evil,
that dark is light and light is dark,
    that bitter is sweet and sweet is bitter.

Isaiah 5:20

“He (she) who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he (she) who helps to perpetuate it. He (she) who accepts evil without protesting against it is really co-operating with it.”

Martin Luther King Jr.

Take a step back.  Take a deep breath.  Refocus.  Breathe again.  What do you see?  A picture that started out blurry and unrecognizable is becoming clear.  The colors no longer smudged together become defined shapes and images that create a magnificent work of art.  The shapes make sense as the story jumps off the canvas at the realization that God was there and at work the entire time.

I cannot divulge all the details of my story now.  One day, God will present me the opportunity to share the amazing story of how He intervened in my life and saved the day.  One day I will have the opportunity to share the great testimony of my God and His Word that never fails or returns void.  The day will come when I will be able to share how God made the way for me and that everything ended up ok but for now, I have been silenced.  I may be unable to share the details of the immense works done by my Heavenly Father but I do have the ability to share God’s great faithfulness to His promises. 

Evil and injustice constantly have the upper hand in this world leaving those who attempt to do right feeling defeated and discouraged.  Left wondering just when and if God will step in and save the day, He faithfully makes His presence known.  It is incredible as I sit and map out the events of my life over the past few years.  Each time I believed I was defeated was only a moment when God increased my faith in Him.  Each time I wanted to give up was only a moment when God grabbed a hold of me tighter and would not let go as He confirmed to me that His plan is so much greater than my finite eyes can see. The realization that moments of defeat were created by moments of choosing to do right that turned into moments in which my faith increased as I recognized Him as my only source of hope and trust. There were moments of going against the grain of what the world would have me do and choosing to be obedient to God.  Those moments left me feeling hopeless, as if I had lost but God’s truth penetrated my heart leaving it full of confidence and peace. As each day progresses and I experience the many blessings of my faithful God, I realize that not all is lost. 

I revisit the story of Habakkuk and a specific verse that says,

This vision for a future time.
It describes the end, and it will be fulfilled.
It is seems slow in coming,
wait patiently,
for it will surely take place,
It will not be delayed.
Habakkuk 2:3

Waiting for God to save the day has been a slow process from my perspective.  I have waited and waited and may wait much longer but I trust His promises.  He tells me that justice will take place.  His plan will be unveiled in His appointed time.  Though I may feel there has been a delay, once the outcome reveals itself, I will see with my eyes as will the world that it in fact was the perfect time.  It was His time.  I will witness a work done that only His mighty hand can accomplish. He will have every moment of glory and all praise will go to Him alone. I wait with enormous anticipation for this moment. I wait for the moment in which the world around me witnesses the majesty and awesomeness of the God I follow and adore.  The day is coming.  On which side will you be standing?

Comments

Popular Posts