No Hiding


People may be pure in their own eyes,
    but the Lord examines their motives.
Commit your actions to the Lord,
    and your plans will succeed.

Proverbs 16:2-3

Take it off! Take it all off.  Get rid of your mask! It does not disguise you. You cannot hide.  No matter what mask you choose, you cannot hide.  You can deceive people.  You can trick them into believing you are something that you are not but in the end, you CANNOT hide who you truly are from God.

I used to find that truth to be scary.  The thoughts of nothing being hidden from God.  The God of the Universe knowing my every intimate detail.  My every thought.  My every need.  My every desire.  My every hurt.  My every pain.  Then I asked the question.  Why would I not want the God who created me to know my innermost thoughts, desires and needs?  What I realized is that humans in our finite thinking cannot see past our own noses.  We have no idea what another individual is dealing with and so we make judgment calls based on the things that only our eyes can see and our ears can hear.  I have learned that many things in this life can be deceiving.  People are not who we often think they are and leave us broken hearted and disappointed.  Our eyes and ears trick our minds into believing things that are truly not real.  This is not the case with God.  God sees into our heart.  He knows who we really are and what road we have traveled.  He looks at us through total knowledge of all things. 

Knowing that God knows me completely is no longer scary.  I recognize it as a blessing now and am reaping the many benefits of living a life that allows Him all access to area of my life.  I now have the ability to walk in His truth and trust Him in every circumstance.  My life is being used because is it being driven by the only One with the ability to take the reins and lead me in the right direction. The commitment of trusting His hand in all things, leads to a path of restoration, healing and freedom.  Do not be afraid to let go and allow God into the innermost places of your life.  Trust His promises completely.  He will never fail you. He is the only One who knows your past, your present and your future.

Comments

Popular Posts