He will bring justice


The Lord comes forward to pronounce judgment
    on the elders and rulers of his people:
“You have ruined Israel, my vineyard.
    Your houses are filled with things stolen from the poor.

Isaiah 3:14

As I was reading Isaiah 3 this morning, I found it was filled with such doom and gloom until I reached the middle of the passage where I saw a glimpse of hope. I saw there was hope for the oppressed.  In due time, the righteous will obtain God’s reward while the wicked will receive their due punishment. Walking through life and watching the wicked prosper is so discouraging when you are trying desperately to obey God and follow His ways. This passage of scripture brings me hope as I realize that those who lead and bring about corruption will be held accountable before God especially if others follow their lead because corruption and false teaching eventually leads to the wrath of God.  As a sinner, I want justice in my own life and I am learning that justice is just as important to God because it is part of His nature. When the government or church leaders handle things in an unjust way, people suffer and those people who suffer are held back from worshipping God.  God holds His children in high regard and when His children are attacked, He brings about His justice.  We must remember though that when we stand silently by and do nothing to help those who are being oppressed, we are in fact, joining the oppressor and will be held accountable as well.  God is just!  Just keep holding on to His truth and in the end, in His perfect timing, He will reward those who have been faithful to Him!

Tell the godly that all will be well for them.

    They will enjoy the rich reward they have earned!

 But the wicked are doomed,
    for they will get exactly what they deserve.


Isaiah 3:10-11

Comments

Popular Posts