Failed system

"And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”
John 8:32

God is setting me free from my past. He is breaking the chains of  the obstacles that I once found as my security. Those things stood in the way of God being my Father. I am now on a new road surrounded by old signs. God is making it clear that those old signs are nothing more than myths to prop up a failed system.

I used to believe that suffering was a sign of God's disappointment in my life but then I studied Job.  Instead I'm learning that suffering often indicates something different. It is a new work being done so that I am free to know Him more deeply and follow Him faithfully. Walking by faith and following Him is not easy. It means going against the grain which means our circumstances will not just fall into place and line up to the journey we are taking. There is resistance at every turn.  So God must teach me how to walk with Him. Only through His teaching and my brokenness am I able to experience and know His great joy and peace.

God is leading me on an incredible journey. It is more amazing  than anything I can imagine. If I follow Him in obedience, His work in my life will not only astound and amaze but bring great glory to His name.

God will and always provides. The fact that there is no money in the bank or that others are destroying my reputation with words does not mean a thing. God does not wave a magic wand and make everything right according to my wants and desires. I will never truly experience His love if I question His ways each time my expectations are not met. He knows me better than anyone else. He knows my needs better than anyone else. He provides better than anyone else. He is bringing me into a life aligned with Him. Instead of rescuing me from the things I'm having to endure, He has chosen to use every trial and circumstance in order to show me what true faith, true freedom and life really are when He lives within me.


Comments

Popular Posts