Driven mad

“Lord, I heard Your voice today. You said something I’d rather not hear. I prayed about that person, You know, the one that drives me mad. I reminded You how often I’ve been hurt, annoyed, irritated and upset. And You said, ‘Love one another as I have loved you.’”

Pam Weaver

I did it again. I got scared, acted in fear and responded in my own way instead of by faith. I prefer the moments when I recognize what is happening verses those that I recognize after the fact.

What an incredible peace grace brings into our lives. I recognize my lack of faith but am fully aware that God is in control. He is not surprised by my weak moments and once again has had to say "let Me do my job precious daughter. I've got this."

I've spent the morning praying for the "one" who drives me "mad". I recognize the need for a Savior in the heart of this person. I've prayed that God put a love in my heart for this person and that I begin to see them the way in which He sees them. It's incredibly hard but I know that Jesus was nailed to that cross for this person just as He was for me.

Forgive my evil thoughts and show me how to love like You have loved me.  Allow my heart to break when I fall short of Your plans and when I allow bitterness toward another one of Your children to creep into my thoughts and heart.

Get rid of all bitterness, passion and anger… Instead, be kind and tender-hearted to one another, and forgive one another, as God has forgiven you through Christ. Since you are God’s dear children, you must try to be like Him.

Ephesians 4:31-32

Comments

Popular Posts