Skip to main content

Aha Moment-Don't miss it!!!

I am so excited!  I love those moments when God hits you suddenly with a divine revelation.  They are amazingly sweet but hard to come by if you are not still before Him.


Three days ago I received a devotional email about the Father of Lies (below).  I read it and passed over it because it was something I have heard and written about a hundred times.  Little did I know how greatly it would apply to my life just two days later. 


Track with me.  I'm standing in front of the mirror applying my eye shadow for work when goose bumps pop up on my arms and my hands begin to shake.  What in the world?  I could hear God speaking to my heart and as He spoke, a great peace fell over me. 


I believe that God is good!  I believe that He has gone before me and before my children.  I firmly believe that He has a plan that I do no not understand but I WILL choose to have faith in it because He has proven that He is good and that He IS faithful. 


For those who are feeling confused by the events that are transpiring, DON'T!  I promise you, that God is up to something incredible and we are going to get to be a part of it.  He is not just testing my faith but those who have supported and stood behind me.  Any feelings of doubt or confusion are NOT from God.  They are the enemy whispering lies into our ears in order to make us doubt our Mighty God!  


Protect your thoughts!  Read over Philippians 4:8-9. Read it again and again.  Think of truth and what we have seen transpire up to this point.  God will not be mocked and He does not tolerate disobedience of His word.  I believe that vengeance is His and His alone and He will set all things right according to HIS time and HIS will.  God's got this!  He has won the victory!  Let's praise Him for what He is doing !!

Father of Lies



Satan’s sway over mankind began when he turned the minds of Adam and Eve against God. In order to pull it off, he had to lie to them about God—and they had to fall for it. In that defining moment, he lied to them about God’s goodness, God’s Word, and God’s intentions (Gen. 3:1-6).
Satan is still up to his old tricks. Jesus said that when the devil “speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar” (John 8:44). It should not be surprising, then, that when trouble interrupts our lives, the father of lies whispers in our ears and suddenly we are questioning God’s goodness. When we are told to follow His commands, we wonder if His Word is really true in the first place. When Jesus tells us things like, “Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth” (Matt. 6:19), Satan tells us that the good life is about piling up things here, causing us to doubt God’s good intentions.
Our problem is that we, like Adam and Eve, believe Satan’s lies. And when we do, our loyalty to God is compromised. Then our enemy slithers off to his next assignment, leaving us alone to face our regrets and the realization that his lies have seduced us away from our truest and dearest Friend. Who have you been listening to lately?

Satan can catch you by surprise
And stop you in your tracks,
So keep on guard and trust God’s Word,
Resist his strong attacks. —Branon
The power of Satan is no match for the power of God’s Word.

Comments

Popular Posts