And if our God is for us....

I have never been more confident of God’s presence in my life.  I have experienced Him in mighty ways over the past 48 hours and witnessed darkness overcome by light.
Scripture tells us that as Christians, our fight is not against flesh and blood.  We do not battle against those around us but instead the dark powers of this earth.  "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." (Ephesians 6:12)  I had to hold tight to that truth this week.
It is hard when you are backed into a corner and being slandered to choose not to fight back.  It is hard not to look at those who are making false statements and hate them but I learned how this week.  My heart aches for what has taken place. 
I recognized that my fight was not against those there today.  They were merely pawns in a battle against good and evil.  Instead, my fight was against myself.  It was a test of my faith.  It was an opportunity for me to live out the faith I proclaim.  It was an opportunity to take a step off a big cliff and trust God.  When everything in my human nature screamed FIGHT, that still small voice said pray. 
I walked away today knowing that before my holy God, I have my integrity.  I walked away today knowing that I reflected God and trusted Him at every turn.  I walked away today knowing that God is in control and whatever the outcome, it is part of His plan.  I am walking away surrounded by His peace.
What a journey I have experienced.  What an amazing God I serve.  Life could not be any better than it is at this exact moment because I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I am right where God wants me.

Comments

Popular Posts