Keep your mouth shut!

18 Hiding hatred makes you a liar;



slandering others makes you a fool.


19 Too much talk leads to sin.


Be sensible and keep your mouth shut.


20 The words of the godly are like sterling silver;


the heart of a fool is worthless.


21 The words of the godly encourage many,


but fools are destroyed by their lack of common sense.


22 The blessing of the Lord makes a person rich,


and he adds no sorrow with it.


23 Doing wrong is fun for a fool,


but living wisely brings pleasure to the sensible.


24 The fears of the wicked will be fulfilled;


the hopes of the godly will be granted.


25 When the storms of life come, the wicked are whirled away,


but the godly have a lasting foundation.

Proverbs 10:18-25


God is faithful beyond words.  I woke up this morning and as I did my quiet time, God brought me to Proverbs 10.  Little did I know as I was reading it that later in the day it would be just what I needed.  God is so good that way.

It is hard when we are under attack to oftentimes stay confident.  We may know who we are in Christ when times are good, but we can quickly lose our confidence when Satan whispers lies into our lives.  That happened to me today. 

As I began to feel the hurt come on, God put those words from this morning in my head. 

Hiding hatred makes you a liar;

slandering others makes you a fool.
Too much talk leads to sin.
Be sensible and keep your mouth shut.

Proverbs 10:19

Those two verses say it all.  A person shows their true colors and the condition of their heart by simply uttering too many words.  They are just unable to keep their mouths shut.  God calls it sin.  I call it hurtful and un-Christlike. 

God promises me hope when I choose Him as my foundation.  My choice then becomes to stand firm on Him.  He is my solid rock and because of Him, I will not sink.

Comments

Popular Posts