Prince Charming Does Exist

We live in a world that is full of sin.  Sin can shatter our dreams and leave us with broken hearts.  We end up disappointed and totally destroyed but there is good news.  We do have hope.

Before I go any further, this particular posting is for any woman who has been hurt by their spouse or “boyfriend”.  This is for those who have been abused and beaten to the point of feeling totally and completely worthless.  This is for those who have never felt good enough and have had their heart broken in to a million pieces.  Those who have experienced these things are those that understand the pain and need the hope.

As little girls, we grow up dreaming of one day becoming a princess.  We imagine our Prince Charming riding in on a white horse and making us blissfully happy.  Not to burst anyone’s bubble, but that man does not exist.  No human has the capability of making all of our dreams come true.  (i.e. Prince Charles and Princess Dianna)

Now before you get discouraged, like I said before, there is good news.  You do not have to stop dreaming.  There is a Prince waiting just for you.  Once you find Him and discover His perfect love, you will never be the same.  He is a true Prince and He will change your life once you devote your heart to Him. His name is Jesus.

When our hearts have been broken (and I am not talking about the broken heart that comes from a wayward child or a friend who has betrayed us) by the one person who promised to protect us, it is imperative that we find healing.  God has to be allowed to reveal the mistakes that we made ourselves within the broken relationship so that we may learn from those things.  Forgiveness has to be sought after and it is most important that we forgive the one who broke our heart.

My next choice is to begin to move forward.  If I want to move forward, then I MUST trust God.  Once of the great and most difficult lessons I have learned through my journey is that of distancing myself from those things that distract me from fully pursing my love relationship with Christ.   I found myself worried about feeling deprived or lonely from separating myself but I have learned the incredibly happiness and joy of finding complete fulfillment in Christ.  By choosing to pursue Him above all else, He has filled every need and enhanced every empty part of my life.

Now the hard part. I have had to learn that I cannot assume that I will never meet another man that I can trust.  I cannot assume that men who will treat me with dignity and respect do not exist. I am learning that I need to allow untrustworthy individuals to pass me by while I wait on God.  I will not sink into depression (again) but instead live my life to the fullest, growing in my faith and allowing God to work in my life. 

I HAVE to remember that my trust HAS to be placed in Christ.  There will never be a man that is able to fulfill my deepest desires.  There will never be a man to rescue me from my circumstances or to make all of my dreams come true.  That place HAS to be reserved for Christ alone.  He HAS to be my priority and with that, everything else in my life will fall into place.  He alone will fulfill my hopes and dreams but only if I choose to trust Him with the entirety of my life and my heart.

Song of Songs 8:6-7: "Place me like a seal over your heart, or like a seal on your arm. For love is as strong as death, and its jealousy is as enduring as the grave. Love flashes like fire, the brightest kind of flame. Many waters cannot quench love; neither can rivers drown it. If a man tried to buy love with everything he owned, his offer would be utterly despised."

In order for these things to be accomplished, Christ HAS to be my foundation.  I have to allow myself to trust and go deeper into a relationship with Christ.  Once I trust, I will begin to discover all the great plans that He has set aside for me.  Once you realize that He IS the Ultimate Prince, your entire world will change.  Think about it.  He should be the ONE that I measure every other relationship against because He made the MOST amazing romantic gesture when He gave up His life in order to save mine. 

John 3:16: "For God so loved the world that he gave His only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life."

John 15:12-13: "I command you to love each other in the same way that I love you. And here is how to measure it-the greatest love is shown when people lay down their lives for their friends."

Comments

Popular Posts