Shaken

"You desire but do not have, so you kill. You covet but you cannot get what you want, so you quarrel and fight. You do not have because you do not ask God."
James 4:2

My faith was shaken.  I began to waiver on what I believed.  My idea of right and wrong became twisted.  The world seemed out of whack.


Where did my faith go?  Did I lose it?  What is completely gone?  Maybe.  On the other hand, maybe it was hidden beneath the doubt and the pain. It was time to find it again.
Praise God that the Holy Spirit lives within us and stirs our soul when we seem to have lost our way.  It is how I know that I belong to God.  I can feel the Spirit when He tugs at my heart. 

God’s word says, “a bruised reed He will not break, and a faintly burning wick He will not quench.”  (Isaiah 42:3) What a special promise.  Though I may have been bruised by life, He will not allow me totally to break away from Him.  Though my light may be dim, He will not completely put me out.  All He needs from me is to have faith as small as a mustard seed, and He can begin to increase my faith. 
 
Increasing faith begins with time spend with God.  In order to have meaningful time with God, I have to spend time in His word.  Romans 10:17 says that faith comes from hearing. My faith with dwindle away if I choose to shy away from His word.

I have found that my faith is strongest through trials when my focus is on Him and I am spending time with Him.  When my mind is focused on Him and His truth, it is easier to remember His promises and His faithfulness in my life.  It really is that simple.  He works in my life, which changes my mind set, and my faith increases.  

It is so much easier to walk through life when you are able to recognize just how big God really is. 

Comments

Popular Posts