Really? Today Lord?

 "You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor[a] and hate your enemy.' 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous."

Matthew 5:43-45


 

I woke up this morning to find that the above passage from Matthew was my verse for the day. Uggghhh. Sometimes I really despise mornings like this one. Mornings where God is trying to make a point and making sure that I hear Him loud and clear. There He is reminding me that I am not the only one that He loves and provides for daily. He loves my enemies as well. He allows His sun to shine down on the evil and warm their faces just as He does for me. He gives water to the evil and provides for their thirst just as He does for me.

Love my enemies? Really?? Today? I know I have been slacking and I will be honest and admit to you all, that I have not in fact been praying for my enemies. In fact, lately I have pushed them to the back of my mind and tried avoiding them all together. That is the honest truth. That is not acceptable. I want to love as God has called me to love and in order to do so; I must pray for those that I dislike. My list is long at the moment but I will submit and surrender. It will not harm me and truth be told, I know that I will be blessed in doing so. Here I go…..


 

Comments

Popular Posts