Never. Give. Up.

Today I am physically and emotionally drained.  God has had to spend today filling me up with His promises.

  • "If anyone says,"I love God," and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen.  And this commandment we have from Him: whoever loves God must also love his brother."

 1 John 4:20-21

 I am struggling in this area right now.  I am at war within myself as I struggle with feelings of deep dislike for several people.  It is weighing heavy on me and I do not want to be in this place for I know the burden that it brings.  

 "God give me a heart that sees those around me who have hurt me, the way in which you seem them.  Help me to remember that I am commanded to love them just as You have loved me."

 
 

  • "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart and you will find rest for your souls.  For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

Matthew 11:28-30

 I am stressed.  I will admit that it has been a few weeks since I have felt any kind of stress but not today.  I am teetering on the edge of taking back the control of a situation instead of trusting God.  I feel that if I do not take control then the burden that I am feeling is going to win out and crush me.

"God help me to lay everything at Your feet.  Help me remember that allowing You the control allows there to be peace."

 
 

  • "But Jesus immediately said to them: "Take courage! It is I. Don't be afraid." "Lord, if it's you," Peter replied, "tell me to come to you on the water." "Come," he said. Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, "Lord, save me!" Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. "You of little faith," he said, "why did you doubt?"

Matthew 14:27-31

 Why do I doubt?  Just like Peter, I question, then I focus on Him, only to be hit by the wind, taking my eyes off Christ and I sink.  Things are calm and trust comes easy.  Then I get stuck, I hesitated and take a step back trying to figure out what step I should next.  I doubt.   "You of little faith" seems to be me at the moment. 

 "Lord I know that You have control over all of my circumstances.  There is no greater security then the security found in You.  Help me to keep my focus on You so that I may stay strong." 


 

  • "I can do all things through Him who gives me strength."

Philippians 4:13

I am having one of those days where I'm thinking, it would be so much easier to just give up. You can only fight against evil on your own for so long before it beats you down. Thankfully I have the power of the One who died for my sins. The One who rose from the dead. The One who sits at His Fathers right hand. The King of all Kings is living inside of me. The Holy Spirit gives me the strength required to fight another day when I surrender fully to Him.

"Father remind me of Your power living in me. You fight for me and through me when I surrender to Your ways. You give me the strength to keep fighting."


 

 
 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 

Comments

Popular Posts