Because He Loves Me


You gave me wings and made me fly
You touched my hand I could touch the sky
I lost my faith, you gave it back to me
You said no star was out of reach

You stood by me and I stood tall
I had your love, I had it all
I'm grateful for each day you gave me

Maybe, I don't know that much
But I know this much is true
I was blessed because
I was loved by you

You were my strength when I was weak
You were my voice when I couldn't speak
You were my eyes when I couldn't see
You saw the best there was in me

Lifted me up when I couldn't reach
You gave me faith 'cause you believed
I'm everything I am
Because you loved me

You were always there for me, the tender wind that carried me
The light in the dark shining your love into my life
You've been my inspiration through the lies you were the truth
My world is a better place because of you


 

-Celion Dion


"He will cover you with his feathers,
       and under his wings you will find refuge;
       his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart…

Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him;
       I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.

He will call upon me, and I will answer him;
       I will be with him in trouble,
       I will deliver him and honor him.

 With long life will I satisfy him
       and show him my salvation."


 

Psalm 91:4, 14-16


 


 

So maybe I have found myself in a one of those cheesy moods. This week began with Hakuna Matata and it is going to end with Because You Loved Me.

This posting is to announce that I have in fact found true love and it DOES exist. It is the most perfect and amazing love out there. It is a love that is selfless, brings security, leaves no room for fear or worry, is something you cannot live without and brings great joy and completion. Yes, you have heard me correctly. I do believe in true love and I am convinced that is does exist in this sinful and ugly world.

Over the past year, the roller coaster ride, that is my life, has brought me to a place where I finally recognized that 1 Corinthians 13 Love can be accomplished and it does exist. When you have been betrayed, abandoned and lied to, you are left alone which opens the door for true love to find its way into your life. Now I am not talking about that soul mate kind of love but instead the love that only the perfect husband could provide: a love that can only come from a person who can do no wrong, who is totally selfless and loves unconditionally.

Not too long ago I received a message from a friend who dealt with divorce. She provided me with some huge encouragement and thanks to this special person; it sent me on a quest to find my true love. She told me that through her pain, she as well as her daughters found a complete new faith in God and He became her husband. That is where I am right now.

I am no longer relying on a person to love me the way in which I need to be loved. God has been here all along; I just didn't allow Him to love me the way that He wanted to love me. I guess I didn't understand how it could work when there wasn't someone physically present to hold me or to say verbally "I love you" but I understand it now.

For months, I lived in fear and pain until I finally opened my eyes and recognized the cover of protection and unconditional love over me as well as my kids from His mighty wings. God has revealed Himself in so many ways to me that I have no doubt whatsoever that everything is going to be ok. He has the book for my life, that He wrote, opened up in front Him and as long as I rely on Him and trust Him, He is going to take care of me.

It's actually pretty exciting. I was driving in the car the other day with my 10 year old and he told me that he liked the new mommy. That this mommy smiles and laughs a lot and does not cry like the old one. It was a profound moment for me as I realized that He really is changing me and that my kids can see that change. I have found a confidence in His love that allows me to live without fear and worry. I have assurance in His plan because He is my Father, my Creator and my Husband.

Life will now be different. I have always had faith in Him but now I have so much more.


 


 


 

Comments

Popular Posts