The Sun Will Come Out

"Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Philippians 4:5-7


 

"I have nothing but hatred for them; 
       I count them my enemies.

Search me, O God, and know my heart; 
       test me and know my anxious thoughts.

See if there is any offensive way in me, 
       and lead me in the way everlasting."

Psalm 139:22-24


 

This has been one of those days where I woke up feeling as if I were on top of the world and within hours, it all fell apart. What is that? Why does that happen? You try to stay positive and look on the bright side of things only to be disappointed yet again by someone or something.

It's all because of sin. Sin corrupts every good thing and makes our sunny days quite stormy. Today I started with the sun shining brightly over my head and by afternoon, the storm clouds came rolling in and the anxiousness followed right behind and making it clear that it was here to stay. Fortunately for me, Philippians 4:5-7 is safely tucked away in my heart and God quickly reminded me of His peace. Now if I have to be honest, the feelings of being anxious did not suddenly disappear but instead I became more focused on things that were true.

I got honest with God for a few minutes. I expressed my true feelings for people. I let it all out. I spoke it aloud. He already knows my heart so I cannot hide anything from Him. It's better for me when I verbally let it all out because then I know I've confessed it out loud to Him. From there He is able to take my hand and walk me in the direction I need to go. When I'm walking with Him and the way He has planned for me, there is much more peace and a lot less of feeling anxious.

It's time for bed and I am happy to say that I will be going to bed with a content heart because God has placed His loving hand upon me and calmed my anxious spirit.

Comments

  1. Sister, you are the BOMB!! I LOVE your honesty and transparency! What an encouragement you are to me!! I want to be that to others!!!

    Tabby

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts