Reflections

I'm sitting at the desk in my room and up on the wall above my head is a framed picture of Jeremiah 29:11.  It is only Tuesday and already so many things are going on.  I've started a couple of side jobs to make some extra  money, my oldest goes back to school tomorrow, my youngest had a check-up and shot today, more issues unfolding with the drama that is my life and so on and so on and so on....


New schedules, new relationships, new faces, new routines.  All these things could be so overwhelming if I tried to manage it all on my own.  I could find myself consumed by the unknown which would then make the path ahead blurry.  It is so important that I find time to be still and reflect on the Truth that God has my best interest at hand and that every moment that passes and every step that I take, is to teach me to trust Him more. 


As I look at that verse I am reminded that God has a plan for my life and no matter how stressful things become, He has His hand on it and in that I can find rest.  


  "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Jeremiah 29:11

Comments

Popular Posts