Cloudy Days

"Experience is a hard teacher, because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward."

(Vernon Law)


Thank you Cyndi



"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance."

James 1:2-3


Well the week started out sunny but by Monday afternoon, the storm clouds rolled in and there they stayed. It has stormed all week for me until today. Today the clouds started to roll away, the sun poked through, and I was finally able to feel the warmth of its rays against my face.

God spent this week trying to get my attention. He wanted me to find Him, to hear His voice through the storm but it did not happen until I finally became still. Once I was calm, I was able to see and hear Him through those clouds and little by little, He moved them away.

It is now Friday and I am crazy excited about my weekend because I know that it is going to be an amazing weekend. It will be a happy weekend, a weekend full of smiles and laughter as well as fun. Nothing special is taking place but my attitude has changed. God taught me something this week and there is great joy in those moments. I LOVE those moments.

When those storm clouds find their way into your week, step back and let it pour. Soak in every moment and allow God to reveal Himself through the clouds, through the thunder and lightning and through the rain. At the end of it all, the sun will be shining and you will know you have experienced God in a special way.

Comments

Popular Posts