A Closed Door

"I well remember them, 
       and my soul is downcast within me.

 Yet this I call to mind 
       and therefore I have hope:

 Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, 
       for his compassions never fail.

They are new every morning; 
       great is your faithfulness.

Lamentations 3:20-23


 

Sometimes God closes a door because He knows what is best for me. No matter how hard I bang or pry, I cannot reopen that door. I find myself staring at that closed door trying to figure out what in the world I am to do now thinking that there is no way possible that life can continue.

God promises that His mercies are new every morning. That He only wants good things for my life and has it all planned for me if I choose to follow Him in obedience. What that means is that the door may have closed but He will open a window for me.

Now I'm standing in that room and I become aware of a light. As I turn, I see the light coming in through a window. It isn't open but I am able to see through it. God isn't ready to open it for me just yet but He allows me to look out and it brings me great hope!

As I look out through that window, I see these things…


 

  • Many moments of laughter and smiling
  • Time with my kids doing fun things
  • New friendships
  • Great opportunities to do new things
  • A greater faith in God
  • Hope that though the door has closed, He has a window that will open just for me


 


 


 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts