Strength of my Heart

But as for me, my feet had almost slipped;
I had nearly lost my foothold.

For I envied the arrogant
when I saw the prosperity of the wicked.


Psalm 73:2-3


There are times when life just seems so unfair and you have to find a way to work through all the heartache you've experienced. People can do and say things that are cruel and hurtful but in those times, you have an important decision to make: You choose whether you will become bitter or better. You can stay angry and stew over all the wrong that has been done or you can take comfort in the love that God has for you.

God's amazing comfort can soften the hurt of other people's reckless words and actions when you keep your focus on Him. You must choose to listen to His voice above the crowd and be willing to forgive those who have hurt you. In order to be like Christ, you must be willing to forgive. This is what Jesus did when He forgave those who accused Him because He knew that they didn't know the truth. God understands your hurts and feelings and can help you do the same for others when they act without care.


Whom have I in heaven but you?
And earth has nothing I desire besides you.

My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart
and my portion forever.

Psalm 73:25-26

Comments

Popular Posts