Weaknesses

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."


I am going through one of the greatest tests of my faith right now and I know this may sound odd, but it excites me. I know that when God is testing me through struggles, He is only growing my faith in Him. In these times, I am being taught to trust and rely on Him in all things.


There have been moments when fear begins to set in and suddenly a peace surrounds me and I hear the verse " There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love." 1 John 4:18.
I am then reminded that God's love is perfect and because of His perfect love for me, I can have complete confidence in His plan for what is taking place. Because I trust His word, there is no room for fear.



There are times when I feel completely exhausted but then another verse comes to mind and suddenly my spirit is put at ease.
"But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." 2 Corinthians 12:9
When my struggles are great and I am at my weakest point, those are the moments when I most lean on Him and His strength alone gets me through.


God is all-knowing and knows every event that will comes my way and He is always there to walk with me and help me through if I allow Him. He never leaves me alone to handle my struggles and in this, I can have confidence in knowing that His grace and love will bring me through the worst of times.


Comments

Popular Posts