Turn from evil

My world has been turned upside down and tonight I have spent time looking up verses on peace. It is amazing how spending time in God's word can calm the heart. There are evil people in this world deceived by the lies of Satan that will justify the hurt that they cause to others. It is a sad and lonely place to find yourself but God's justice will one day rectify the hurt that has been caused.

"Thank you God for Your love and peace to calm my hurt and fear during such troubling times. Soften the heart of those that have become hardened towards You and help them to find their way back. Amen"


And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.

Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God.

Colossians 3:14-16


But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

John 14:26-27



the LORD make his face shine upon you
and be gracious to you;

the LORD turn his face toward you
and give you peace." '

Numbers 6:25-26



I will extol the LORD at all times;
his praise will always be on my lips.

My soul will boast in the LORD;
let the afflicted hear and rejoice.

Glorify the LORD with me;
let us exalt his name together.

I sought the LORD, and he answered me;
he delivered me from all my fears.

Those who look to him are radiant;
their faces are never covered with shame.

This poor man called, and the LORD heard him;
he saved him out of all his troubles.

The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear him,
and he delivers them.

Taste and see that the LORD is good;
blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.

Fear the LORD, you his saints,
for those who fear him lack nothing.

The lions may grow weak and hungry,
but those who seek the LORD lack no good thing.

Come, my children, listen to me;
I will teach you the fear of the LORD.

Whoever of you loves life
and desires to see many good days,

keep your tongue from evil
and your lips from speaking lies.

Turn from evil and do good;
seek peace and pursue it.

The eyes of the LORD are on the righteous
and his ears are attentive to their cry;

the face of the LORD is against those who do evil,
to cut off the memory of them from the earth.

The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them;
he delivers them from all their troubles.

The LORD is close to the brokenhearted
and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

A righteous man may have many troubles,
but the LORD delivers him from them all;

he protects all his bones,
not one of them will be broken.

Evil will slay the wicked;
the foes of the righteous will be condemned.

The LORD redeems his servants;
no one will be condemned who takes refuge in him

Psalms 34


A patient man has great understanding,
but a quick-tempered man displays folly.

A heart at peace gives life to the body,
but envy rots the bones.

He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker,
but whoever is kind to the needy honors God.

Proverbs 14:29-31

Comments

  1. I'm praying all of these for you. I'm so glad that you're finding hope and strength in the Word.

    I love you, friend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts