My Shield

"He is my loving God and my fortress,
my stronghold and my deliverer,
my shield, in whom I take refuge,
who subdues peoples under me."

Psalm 144:2


"Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;

in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight."

Proverbs 3:5-6


"But now, O Jacob, listen to the Lord who created you.
O Israel, the one who formed you says,
"Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you.
I have called you by name; you are mine.
When you go through deep waters,
I will be with you.
When you go through rivers of difficulty,
you will not drown.
When you walk through the fire of oppression,
you will not be burned up;
the flames will not consume you.
For I am the Lord, your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior."

Isaiah 43:1-3



I woke up early this morning and had the most wonderful time of worship before my day started. Lately those moments have been rare but not this morning. This morning God pressed upon my heart verses that I needed to be reminded of as promises from Him.

This past Sunday at church before taking communion, we were told to think about what God is to us at this particular time in our life. Immediately comforter came to mind and so this morning, I took time to think of all the things that He has been for me during this scary time in my life.

He is my refuge, my shelter, my shield, my protector, my comfort, my fortress, my stronghold and the One who loves me like no other.

My refuge and shield: In His arms, I find safety and have no need to fear.

"I hate double-minded men,
but I love your law.

You are my refuge and my shield;
I have put my hope in your word.

Away from me, you evildoers,
that I may keep the commands of my God!"

Psalm 119:113-115


My comforter: Because of God's great love for me, He bestows His comfort and compassion upon me when I hurt.

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort"

1 Corinthians 1:3

My fortress: He is the foundation for which I can stand and find strength.

"But the LORD has become my fortress, and my God the rock in whom I take refuge."

Psalm 94:22

My stronghold: He is the One I can cling to in times of trouble.

"The salvation of the righteous comes from the LORD; he is their stronghold in time of trouble."

Psalm 37:39

I have no reason to fear though life seems scary right now, because my God is always right there with me. No matter what circumstances surround me, my trust is in Him and in that, I can find peace knowing that if I fully surrender to His will and give Him complete control of my situation, there is hope. He is my hope.

Comments

Popular Posts