Double-minded man

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does."

James 1:2-8


I have never experienced this passage more than I am right now. God is testing my faith in Him through one of the biggest trials I have ever experienced in my life. I am standing on the edge in this very moment and I must choose whether to grab His hand and trust that He will provide and get me through or just completely stand on my own and hope I can do it better.

God allows these moments to come in order for us to learn how to totally rely on Him. We cannot rely on human strength to get us through the hard times because we cannot see the big picture, the total outcome of our situation. God has a plan and knows exactly what He is doing and so there is peace and strength to endure if we choose to fall into His arms and let Him take control of our situation.

This is much easier said than done, I know. It requires completely letting go and surrendering every part of our situation to Him. It is being assured that He knows what is best for me and only wants good for my life. I do not have to walk blindly through my circumstances but instead trust that with each step I take, He is right there beside me, showing me which way to go, holding my hand and loving me. When the world turns its back, He is there walking right along side of me.

Because I know He is there, there is a peace that passes all understanding and I am able to persevere even through the toughest of times. I have no reason to be anxious because I know that when I present by requests to Him, He hears me and will guard my heart and mind. For this, I have a reason to rejoice!!

"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Philippians 4:4-7

Comments

Popular Posts