Certainty


"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the LORD"
Jeremiah 29:11-14



I think we can all honestly say that there are days when we just do not feel like worshipping God. There are those days when life seems so exceedingly challenging and the world around us seems to be falling apart that it is hard to find the joy in life. It would be so much easier to just turn and run the other way.
Sometimes it is difficult to believe that heartbreak is part of God's plan for our lives. We forget that He uses the hurt in our life to draw us closer to Him. He wants us to embrace our hurts instead of choosing to run from it so that we will turn to Him and give Him the opportunity to grow us and show us how faithful He is in our lives.
God has promised always to be there and to provide for our every need and He knows every detail, every plan of our life and so when we choose to run from those circumstances that are painful or hurtful, we are acting faithlessly in the God who knows all about our life. God has given us Jesus who shows us the way for our lives and who IS the way. He endured the cross in full faith because He knew that His Father had a plan to bring a "hope and a future" to each of our lives. Jesus was so sure of His Father's plan that it radiated throughout His whole being.
We too can have that same certainty when we claim His faithfulness in our lives and declare that He has a plan and purpose for each one of us. The cross was not Christ's punishment but instead it was His glory and it is the same with each of our circumstances, whether good or bad, that are laid out before us in our own lives.
We have to choose to praise and worship God no matter what the circumstance and we have to trust in His faithful character. How we worship God in our times of hurt and trouble speaks volumes to our faith in Him. When we face those difficult times in our lives, they become the chance for us to radiate His faithful plan for our life and the opportunity for us to witness His provision of hope and healing.
"Father, I praise You for Your faithfulness in my life. I am thankful that you know every detail and every turn my life will take and that You have already prepared with way for me. Keep my heart and mind set upon you so that I may praise you no matter what storm I encounter in my life."

Comments

Popular Posts