Prayer Request

"Have faith in God," Jesus answered. "I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, Go, throw yourself into the sea, and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore, I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins."

Mark 11:22-25


 

Those of you who read this blog, I have a request of you. Two weeks from today, Gordon will be arriving to stay for the week. For those of you who do not know Gordon, he is a soccer coach from Scotland who became a part of our family last August. He visited with us for a week last August and then returned later in November and stayed two more weeks with us in which he only grew closer to our family. While he was here, he attended church for the very first time ever in his life. In fact, he was able to go with us twice while he was here. I spoke with his aunt and uncle in Scotland who are very strong Christians and they have been trying for years to get him to go to church so this was a huge answer to prayer for them. I firmly believe in God's timing and I know that God placed Gordon in our lives at this time for a reason just as He placed our family in his life. He called yesterday to wish me a Happy Mother's Day and an overwhelming sense of fear came over me. He is 22 but I have come to love him like he is one of my own and the thought of knowing that if something happened to him I would not see him again breaks my heart and stirs up a feeling of loss that consumes me at times. Kevin and I have not once pushed him into conversations. We just allow the Lord to lead when the opportunity presents itself. He does not have a relationship with his mom so it is not uncommon for him to call me from Scotland wanting parental advice. At times, it would overwhelm me but I always knew it was the Lord allowing me the chance to share with him Truth. Right now, he is in Nebraska leading soccer camps. After his trip in two weeks, he will be coming out again in September to go to Disney World with us for a week and then back out to stay in November until he goes back home to Scotland. Please pray for this time that we will have with him that God will use us to reach out and love on him. Pray that God will use our words to speak to his heart so that he may hear truth. Pray that his heart will be softened and receptive when opportunities arise for us to share with him. I just ask for prayer for our time together.


 

I know many of you who read this have sent me emails in regards to your own friends and family who do not know the Lord. Please know that I pray for them daily. I don't get very much feedback from those of you out there reading this but please know that I pray for you all already and would love to pray for you more specifically and the requests you may have. Send them to the email address alignwithhim@gmail.com or if you prefer post it as a comment. All comments are moderated so if you would rather others not see your request just mention it and it will not be posted otherwise I can post it so that everyone can prayer together for your request.

Comments

Popular Posts