The Song we sing

Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

Colossians 3:15-17


God created each of us with something very important to say. We each are this living, breathing testimony to His mercy, His grace, His forgiveness and His greatness. Our life is an incredible gift that He meant for us to share with others. We all have something to say in regards to who He is, what He has done in our lives and where He is taking us. There are those in this world who do not know Him and who are waiting for us to open our mouths and speak.

What is keeping you from sharing who He is with others? Is it the fear of saying the wrong thing? The fear of rejection? The thing is that when we accept Christ into our lives, we become a new creation because He then resides within us giving us strength and boldness to accomplish things that we could have never accomplished on our own.

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Galatians 2:20

He created every one of us to be a Beth Moore or a Billy Graham because with Him, ALL things are possible. It does not mean that we all may stand before millions and speak but we all have something to say. None of us can do anything on our own because if we did, it would be wrong. His hand has to be all over everything we do and say in order for us to get it right. If we stand firm in who He is then we become bold and strong for Him because He is our strength alone.

When we accept Him in our lives we are then filled with His love, which means we have a love for the world, the lost, and there is this desire to speak and share so much so that it flows out of us much like a song being sung. Once you start, there is no end to its melody because what flows forth is so beautiful and so melodic that the world then is caught up in its melody and they begin singing it along with you. Before you know it, there are many singing the song that you began and are singing it to others.


Redeemed how I love to proclaim it!

Redeemed by the blood of the Lamb;

Redeemed thro' His infinite mercy,

His child, and forever, I am


Redeemed, redeemed, redeemed by the blood of the Lamb;

Redeemed, redeemed, His child, and forever, I am.


I think of my blessed Redeemer,

I think of Him all the day long;

I sing, for I cannot be silent;

His love is the theme of my song.


Hymn-Redeemed, How I Love To Proclaim It

Fanny J. Crosby- 1882


Think about it, would anyone miss you if you disappeared? I am not talking about your spouse or your children; I am talking about a dying world that is looking for a void that is missing within their life? Are you making a difference for Christ? Are you singing a song about Him to the world so that they may know the God you know? You do not want to look back someday wondering if you gave everything you had for Him. Let His love speak through you and make you complete as only He can so that you can be that song in this dark world making a difference for Him.

"Father help us to recognize that You created every one of us with something to say. You have called us to love and share You with those who do not know you. Give us boldness and strength to step out of our comfort zone and to stand firm in You and who You are. Thank you for giving me a song to sing for You."

Comments

Popular Posts