Shackles

Keep me from deceitful ways;
be gracious to me through your law.
I have chosen the way of truth;
I have set my heart on your laws.
I hold fast to your statutes, O LORD;
do not let me be put to shame.
I run in the path of your commands,
for you have set my heart free.
Psalm 119:29-32
What if we lived this passage with our whole heart? Can you imagine the kind of joy we would experience? When we allow the shackles of sin to be removed, we are able to release the burden of our hearts that hold us back from giving our everything to God. We can turn our focus toward the race that He has planned out before us and run with a perseverance that makes us even more determined to live a life of obedience and purpose.
His ways are perfect and the path He has laid out for us is perfect. We choose whether we will stay on that path with the finish line ahead or detour down a road that will prolong the race possibly bringing about more struggles. Ultimately He knows the choices we will make and will use those struggles to grow our faith so that our joy is increased when we realize how He has worked all things out to glorify Him.
Rejoice in how God takes our sin, struggles and pain and uses it all to bring glory to His name.
Written by Nicole

Comments

  1. I love that book. And that Psalm is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts