Alphabet Praise

I lead a women's bible study on Thursday nights and last week I asked the ladies to take each letter of the alphabet and write down an attribute or name of God that reflects their view of who God is to them. Over the next few weeks I am going to share these with you. This week we have letters A-G. I hope you will meditate over these names and how they reflect who He is to you. I would love to hear from you and who God is to you. Add a comment or send an email to alignwithhim@gmail.com.

A

Abba-our daddy Romans 8:15
"For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by Him we cry, 'Abba, Father'."

Almighty- Psalm 91:1
"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty."

B

Bread of Life- John 6:35
Then Jesus declared, " I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty."

Blessing-Malachi 3:10
"Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it."

Beautiful-Psalms 27:4
"One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek Him in His temple."

C

Comforter-Psalm 119:76
"May Your unfailing love be my comfort, according to your promise to your servant."

Christ-1 John 2:22
"Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a man is the antichrist-he denies the Father and the Son."


Counselor-Psalm 119:24
"Your statutes are my delight; they are my counselors."As you know, we consider blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of Job's perseverance and have seen what the Lord finally brought about. The Lord is full of compassion and mercy.

Cross-John 19:17
"Carrying His own cross, He went out to the place of the skull (which in Aramaic is called Golgatha). Here they crucified Him, and with Him two others-one on each side and Jesus in the middle."

D

Defender-Jeremiah 50:34
"Yet their Redeemer is strong; the LORD Almighty is his name. He will vigorously defend their cause so that he may bring rest to their land, but unrest to those who live in Babylon."

Deliverer-Psalm 18:2
"The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold."

Desire-Psalm 145:16
"You open your hand and satisfy the desires of every living thing."

E

Everlasting-Psalm 90:2
"Before the mountains were born or you brought forth the earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God."

Eternal-Isaiah 26:4

"Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD, the LORD, is the Rock eternal."


Ever-Present- Psalm 46:1

"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble."


F

Forgiver-psalm 103:3

"who forgives all your sinsand heals all your diseases"

Faithful-Psalm 145:13
"Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and your dominion endures through all generations. The LORD is faithful to all his promises and loving toward all he has made."

Father-Matthew 23:9
"And do not call anyone on earth 'father,' for you have one Father, and he is in heaven."

G

Gift-2 Corinthians 9:15

"Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!"

Great-Deuteronomy 7:21
"Do not be terrified by them, for the LORD your God, who is among you, is a great and awesome God."

Glorious-Psalm 111:3
"Glorious and majestic are his deeds, and his righteousness endures forever."

Gracious-Psalm 86:15
"But you, O Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness."

Coming next week....

Sin, Rebuke and Forgiveness









Comments

  1. Good to see you in the blogging world! I'm praying for Bryce today. A broken wrist is no good.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts