Whatever is....

We know that Satan inundates our minds with deceptive thoughts and we must oppose his attacks with truth (the Word of God). This means that we must seize every thought and take it captive, focusing on whether there is truth in those thoughts. In fact, Philippians 4:8 commands us to do just that…


“Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things”
Philippians 4:8

Uncertainties fill our minds regarding every aspect of our everyday life. Satan uses these tactics to divert our attention from God so that we will focus on ourselves. He directs our thoughts towards feelings of worthlessness that lead to questions and feelings of what ifs and self-pity. We have to allow our minds to focus on the truth of God’s word and remember that He fearfully and wonderfully made us and has a purpose for our lives.


“who has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time,…”
2 Timothy 1:9

One of the biggest untruths thrown at us by Satan is that of failure for our past offenses. We all sin and fall short of God’s glory but as long as we repent and seek His face, He will use us for His purpose. God will never stop loving us. We will remain His children because of the precious blood of Jesus Christ. We must cling to the truth of His word and find comfort in knowing that He will never turn away from us or leave us.


"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? As it is written: "For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered. No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
Romans 8:35-39

In life, we will experience many valleys of feeling lost and hopeless, like we have failed but there is nothing that we will ever go through that is a mistake or that God didn’t already know would happen.


"For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."
Jeremiah 29:11

No matter what has happened in our life, God is sovereign and omnipresent through time. He knows every event of our life and He knew every detail and direction it would take even before He spoke this earth into creation. He has allowed our lives to unfold the way that they have and has overseen everything that has taken place. He has always been with you every step of the way and has been involved, as His plan for you has unfolded. He is the author and finisher of your life. (Hebrew 12:2)


" O, LORD, you have searched me and you know me.
You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar.
You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways.
Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O LORD."
Psalm 139:1-4

"your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."
Psalm 139:16



But when our lives take a direction that is painful or confusing, we are quick to throw the “what if’s” or “if only" at His face. When we do this, we are ignoring the fact of what His truth says and that He is in control. We are failing to acknowledge His role in our past experiences and ignoring that He was with us then, just as He is today and will be tomorrow.


"Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand.
You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory."

Psalm 73:23-24


When we focus on truth then we are able to stand on the mountaintops and rejoice that His grace and power are sufficient for every circumstance we encounter.

"But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."
2 Corinthians 12:9-10


We have to meditate on what is true and real and it all comes back to warfare, which is a battle of the mind. It calls us to make a commitment to obey His word and it takes real energy and effort on our part but in the end, we can fight and overcome this battle through the grace of God and the truth that is His word.

Written by Nicole

Comments

Popular Posts